Friday, 1 August 2014

Beauty #ThePrompt

This week's prompt over at Sara's Mum turned Mom is:

Beauty
 
 
When was the last time you looked in the mirror and told yourself you were beautiful? 
 
Maybe you want to lose half a stone, iron out a few wrinkles, cover up some of the 'imperfections'.  Maybe you haven't thought of yourself as beautiful for a while, maybe even never.
 
But just take a moment, to stand back and take a look at yourself in the mirror (squint if it helps!).
 
You're absolutely unique.  Everything you can see makes you, you.  Your friends, family and probably lots of other people think you are beautiful.  Recognise it.  Tell yourself.
 
And if you can't really see yourself, get closer or get glasses - they make you beautiful too!
 
Did you do it?  More importantly, did you believe yourself?  Please leave a comment and let me know.


mumturnedmom


7 comments:

  1. Ah! Nice sentiment. I think I'm on that downward spiral out of the fresh beauty of youth - in my early forties and the process of having children has speeded up that feeling. Having said that I don't actually care all that much. I guess when you get older you stop worrying about what other people think and you're not trying to attract the opposite sex any more so you just make the effort when it suits you which is nice! Just don't show me an impromptu photo that anyone has taken of me in profile ;-) X #theprompt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very powerful! How often we forget this and fail to realize the uniqueness in us.. Everyone is beautiful. :)

    #thePrompt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post. So important to be able to look past the imperfections we see in the mirror and realise that our uniqueness is what makes each and every one of us a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post!
    I've never had great self esteem but I am happier with myself than I've ever been - wrinkles and all. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Cate, I think we all see the imperfections and the things we want to change without actually seeing ourselves. I may feel more comfortable in myself now that I've hit my forties, but like Sam said, candid, unexpected photos - still struggle to see past the imperfections in those! Great post, thank you so much for linking to #ThePrompt x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great thoughts. I believe I'm unique that's for sure...as for the rest still squinting! ;) #theprompt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post.
    I am never comfortable with my shape or size (and oddly enough my eyebrows!!)...
    But since you're asking... I think the thing that makes me beautiful and unique is my optimism!

    ReplyDelete